Legacy Cremation Services, serving Seattle, WA:
The local cremation provider that really cares.
The neighborhood factor.
Oftentimes, large chains controlled by funeral conglomerates swallow up the smaller privately-owned companies in order to eliminate the competition. But Legacy is family-owned and operated. We live in your community, we have a long and proud history of providing quality and caring service to generations of families in and around Seattle, and we are committed to continuing that legacy.
One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional and licensed cremation professionals are available around the clock to help with every decision. We have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family, and every family’s budget.
Now as always, these are the four steps to follow:
1. Call Legacy. 2. Get answers. 3. Breathe deeply. 4. Feel better.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and Legacy understands how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. First and foremost we want you to know:
There is nothing wrong with ensuring that your final good-byes are affordable,
as well as dignified, meaningful, personal and convenient.
The cremation option is a viable alternative.
While traditional burials are often selected, Legacy has seen a rise in the popularity of cremation services over the past several years. There are good reasons for this:
- The cremation process lends itself to a variety of options.
- With packages for every budget, cremation makes it easier to fulfill a loved one’s wishes, while still maintaining cost efficiency. Purchasing a cremation package allows you to eliminate embalming, eliminate burial plots, and eliminate caskets.
One of things people want to know is, what is the cremation process? Cremation starts with a very hot cremation chamber at a crematorium with temperatures of 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit. The body is burned for about two hours (sometimes more, depending on the temperature, until soft tissue is reduced to an ash-like substance and bones. The bones are further reduced so that the final effect is a very powdery substance that resembles ashes.
There are lots of reasons to talk to with a Legacy cremation consultant:
- If the environment is a factor, we’re on it. You’ll be happy to know that cremation is environmentally safe. With the Environmental Protection Act of 1990, crematoriums need to follow legislation that ensures that harmful emissions are kept to a minimum. In addition, if a burial is desired, burying an urn takes up significantly less space than a casket. And, since embalming is not done with cremation, eliminating the absorption of harmful substances into the ground and water. The cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
- Burial service or memorial service – you’ve got choices.
- You don’t need a casket to have a burial service. This can occur when burying an urn or when having it held in a cremation garden or columbarium.
- If a traditional viewing and burial are desired, a Legacy cremation consultant can also arrange for this prior to cremation.
- Very often, a small group of family members can be present during the cremation itself.
- Friends and family may want to gather at home or elsewhere for a memorial service, in order to share their memories. Legacy cremation counselors have many ideas on how arrange a meaningful and personal cremation service that will honor your loved one.
- For families who want to scatter the ashes in a special place, Legacy knows all the rules and regulations that go along with this and we can help you through it.
- Facts about scattering cremation remains (cremains). Legacy can help you scatter the remains of your loved one in a natural place: over the waters of an ocean or lake, drifting through the air in the mountains during a beautiful moonlight service, or throughout a garden where the spirit of the deceased can roam free. Or, a natural container can be floated out into open water instead of being buried in the ground.
We also want you to know that this choice is a very important and irreversible one, a decision not to be taken lightly. One of the beautiful things about the cremation solution is that decisions such as this do not have to be made immediately. Scattering the cremains may be done at any future date, when you are sure you are ready. There are two types of scatterings at sea:
- Unattended: Legacy will respectfully conduct a sea scattering service, and your attendance is not required. Following the scattering, we will place flowers on the water to mark the spot. We record the exact longitude and latitude coordinates which are provided to you in the form of a certificate suitable for framing. The family does not attend this placement.
- Attended A Legacy cremation counselor can provide for a private charter of the vessel to take up to 6 attendees out for the scattering service. You are put directly in contact with the charter service to coordinate dates, times and directions. We do not accompany you on this trip.
Legacy Cremation Services: We’re there during the difficult times.