Legacy Cremation Services, assisting families in Virginia Beach, VA:
An Excellent Source of Information on Bereavement Counseling.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. Over the years, Legacy cremation consultants have helped a multitude of grieving clients. Based on our experience, and our sincere desire to help, we have amassed lots of information on bereavement counseling, support groups and other resources, all of which are designed to help people grieve in a healthy way.
Because no two people mourn the loss of a loved one in the same way.
A profound sense of loss often overwhelms those left behind, regardless of the circumstances:
- The process of lifting up and caring for another person who has been terminally ill over a long period time, and then losing them, can be shattering – even if eventual death was expected.
- An unexpected death may leave mourners feeling isolated or angry, with unanswered questions. Not having had the time to properly say good-bye can be extremely painful, and can delay a healthy grieving process from getting started.
- Some of us are left wondering if we could have done more, or we feel guilty about going on with our lives, or we feel reluctant to stop feeling guilty.
- We may feel disappointed when it becomes clear that close friends and family cannot offer the support we need, as they are too confused and overcome with grief themselves. Or, friends and acquaintances may not understand the intensity of our emotions.
- Denial and anger often take over, as well as:
- Feelings of emptiness
- Feelings of restlessness
- Confusion and the inability to concentrate
- Feelings of intense pain
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Unexplained bouts of crying
- Unexplained aches and pains
- Bargaining with God, or a higher being
- Comparing this loss to the loss of others
- Embarrassment at the display of emotions.
Bereavement counselors acknowledge that all of these symptoms are completely natural and normal ways that the human mind processes grief. Emotional and physical indicators can be managed with proper counseling or the help of a physician (medication is sometimes needed to take the edge off severe symptoms and help you to get back to normal sooner).
Beginning a healthy dialogue about final arrangements with a Legacy
cremation consultant is often the first step toward healing.
Making final arrangements can be overwhelming. There are so many decisions to make. One of the advantages of working with Legacy cremation professionals is that our licensed staff is available around the clock to help with every detail. We have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family – and every family’s budget. Legacy will walk you through the entire cremation process and answer all your questions all along the way.
Cremation pre-planning is the affordable alternative. Legacy has decades of experience providing quality cremations at an exceptional value. And, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful way to alleviate the burden of making all those decisions at a critical time. In addition, costs are minimized. Virginia Beach residents can plan according to today’s prices, rather than a potentially higher future price.
Another reason to go with cremation. Even without pre-planning, cremation services are the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. With all the options available, cremation costs are far less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about. Legacy will help you create the perfect cremation package that honors your loved. And, ask us about how the cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
Help with every step of the process. Serving the Virginia Beach community for two decades, Legacy cremation professionals are prepared to help you create personalized and meaningful final arrangements that honor your loved one, and suit your family’s financial and religious needs. The Legacy staff is also experienced with:
- Memorial services, utilizing photos, videos and music that celebrate a life
- Web sites memorializing the loved one
- Traditional services prior to cremation
- Scattering of ashes at sea or over land
- Urns, columbariums, and other resting places.
Our knowledgeable cremation staff can also help with a variety of related issues:
- Transporting the body, or the ashes
- Advice on obituaries and eulogies
- Veterans benefits
- Social security benefits.
Contact Legacy. Get answers. Breathe. Start to feel better.
Legacy Cremation Services understands that it is crucial for you to have a solid support system in place to get through the various stages of grief immediately following the loss of a loved one, while final arrangements are carried out, and after everyone has gone home.
Our cremation consultants are always on hand to help get you in touch with support groups where you can share your feelings with others who are going through something similar, or bereavement counselors in your region who are expert at grief counseling. Help is also available from religious and civic groups in your community, and they too will be well-versed in how to help.
We urge you to start by contacting a Legacy cremation Director, and getting the help you need through every step of the cremation process. You will come out on the other side better for it.
Legacy Cremation Services – serving Virginia Beach, VA –
there is no substitute for decades of experience
and a knowledgeable, compassionate staff.