The Cost of Traditional Funerals is Always Climbing.
Call Legacy Cremation Services, serving Richmond, VA.
Our cremation packages are steadily rising in popularity, as funeral costs have grown an astounding 200% in the last decade to $10,000 and more. That places a huge burden on those who are trying to plan ahead with expensive life insurance policies.
Meanwhile, Legacy has steadily grown into the affordable and caring cremation provider in your neighborhood. Not only are we available around-the-clock to answer your questions, we can arrange for almost anything.
A Legacy cremation consultant will help with everything from notifying the family and friends to taking care of the body, to the technicalities of permits and death certificates, to notifying attorneys for legal help and securing benefits to which the surviving family members are entitled, to arranging for the transport of the body if death occurred out of state.
Legacy offers cost effective benefits galore:
- Select from a wide range of personalized, unique and meaningful choices for a memorial service in the tradition that is right for your family, either before or after the cremation. The cremation option allows for a wide range of possibilities. If you want a traditional viewing, funeral and burial we simply do it before the cremation at a funeral home or church. If you are interested in alternatives, we can arrange a memorial service after the cremation at home, in a community center, or even outside in nature. And, you can always opt for scattering the ashes.
- Cremation pre-planning is a gesture of love and respect for those left behind. If you want to keep things simple for your loved ones, make your end-of-life decisions now and remove the stress for them. This is generally easier on everyone, as they know they are honoring you the way you want.
- For some, cremation is the “cleaner” option. Certain people are disturbed at the thought of the body decomposing underground. The cremation process eliminates that issue entirely. If this is a concern for you or your family, call Legacy right away and learn all about the options.
- Just want to keep your loved one close? The cremation process allows for this, by storing the cremains in a decorative urn or special container. A wide variety of choices is available when you talk with a Legacy cremation counselor. Or, you may want to keep the cremains in an urn just for a time before burial or scattering of the ashes. Discuss this option with Legacy so you can be sure to store the ashes in the right kind of container.
- Pet cremations are also available. Legacy will lovingly prepare a beloved pet for cremation and can help you plan a heartfelt funeral.
More interesting things to know about the creative cremation solution:
- Cremation is compatible with diverse belief systems and cultures. This is one of the reasons why over 30% of all final arrangements are now cremations. Every family – and individual – has unique beliefs and values, and cremation is a particularly flexible alternative, allowing your family to pass down its legacy in a unique way. And a Legacy cremation consultant will stand by you, willing and able to guide you through all the decisions so that we can provide meaningful and personalized final arrangements.
- Cremation is an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself. Legacy offers the opportunity to honor the earth by taking up less space than burial in a traditional casket. You can bury the cremains in a small vault above ground, or you can plant a tree in memory of your loved one, or you can bury the cremains in a small biodegradable wooden container, returning the deceased to the earth faster than when buried in a casket or metal container. Of course if you keep the cremains in an urn at home, or scatter the ashes, you won’t take up any land at all. In addition, you’ll be happy to know that cremation is environmentally safe. With the Environmental Protection Act of 1990, crematoriums need to follow legislation that ensures that harmful emissions are kept to a minimum. And, since embalming is not required with cremation, the absorption of harmful substances into the ground and water is eliminated. The cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
- Much of the civilized world finds cremation perfectly acceptable. Only in the USA and Canada is embalming (preservation of bodies past the normal stages of decomposition during burial) the prevalent custom. More and more families are turning to Legacy as their cremation provider of choice to arrange unique, meaningful, and affordable cremations.
- Cremation pre-planning is the essence of convenience. By pre-planning a cremation, final arrangements can be carried out as quickly as is convenient for everyone concerned, even with close family members living all over the country – or even around the world.
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Richmond, VA,
has a wide variety of choices for each family’s budget.
Let’s celebrate a life.