Affordable Cremation Services serving Norfolk, VA:
A Skilled and Experienced Staff to
Answer All your Questions.
Whether you are going through this for the first time, or whether the timing, shock or impact is making the experience more difficult, assistance from a professional cremation consultant will help you through it.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming, especially with the perplexing maze of choices and options that need your serious consideration. That is why your first call should be to Legacy – the premiere cremation provider assisting families in your area – where our professional staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision, and coordinate every step.
Legacy is a licensed cremation service provider, with high ratings
from a national Cremation directory service.
When loved ones have questions or doubts it is important to get answers before making such an important decision. Knowing what exactly is involved in the cremation process, and what it means for you and your family will help you to make a choice that is best for everyone.
Why purchase a cremation package? Because it is the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized, dignified and meaningful tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. With all the options available, cremation costs are less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about. Your family can start the grieving process without incurring additional financial strain.
Why pre-plan a cremation service? Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy always provides quality cremations at an exceptional value. However, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful way to alleviate the burden of making all those decisions at a critical time. And, costs are further minimized. Norfolk residents can plan according to today’s prices, rather than a potentially higher future price.
More than anything, cremations offer the flexibility
to celebrate each life in a unique and personal way.
Sometimes it’s a matter of asking the right questions.
Legacy cremation consultants will make sure you are fully informed.
Things you may be surprised to find out:
- How flexible is a cremation service? Cremation services can be very simple or, if you prefer, cremation services can be as elaborate and as detailed as a regular viewing and burial service. Legacy cremation professionals know how to incorporate religious, spiritual, and cultural requirements into either option.
- Can I create a unique cremation service? Legacy is very experienced in putting together cremation packages that suit any family’s needs and preferences, both spiritually and financially. Ask us about all the options. When you turn to Legacy, the cremation solution is the creative solution.
- What exactly happens during the cremation process? In the simplest of terms, cremation is a process during which the body is exposed to extreme heat. It usually takes more than two hours and requires temperatures between 1400 degrees and 2000 degrees Fahrenheit. During this process, the body is reduced to basic elements; organs and other soft tissue are vaporized by the intense heat. Afterwards, the bones are reduced even further until a fine ash-like substance remains.
- What is a direct cremation? This is one of the most economical options available at Legacy. With direct cremation, Legacy transports the body directly from the location of death to the crematorium. This will work for you if your beliefs do not require embalming or visitation. An alternative container, made from combustible materials, is usually used.
- What if I want to have a service AFTER the cremation? No problem. A Legacy cremation counselor can help you arrange a meaningful cremation memorial service after the cremation.
- Do I need to purchase a casket? Generally, a casket is not needed if cremation is your choice for your loved one. However, there may be instances when it is desirable to have one. For example, if you are planning a funeral service, especially at a church, a coffin gives guests something concrete to look at. A casket may also add a sense of dignity to the proceedings, but it is entirely your choice.
- Is it possible to rent a casket? Surprisingly, if you decide that a casket is necessary you can rent one for the service through Legacy.
- What are our options regarding the ashes? The experienced and professional cremation staff at Legacy will be happy to help you make this decision:
- You can purchase a variety of urns from Legacy, and keep the urn in your home.
- If you choose not to buy an urn, a simple cardboard or plastic box will be provided by Legacy. This may be sufficient if you are planning to scatter the ashes of your loved one.
- If you are planning to have the ashes placed in a columbarium (a place specifically designated for the purpose of holding the ashes of the deceased) with a glass front niche, an urn may be a requirement.
- If you are planning to bury the ashes in a cemetery plot after the cremation, this is also possible, but keep in mind that there may be guidelines that must be followed.
No matter what the family decides, Legacy makes sure that all laws, statutes, and rules pertaining to cremation are followed.
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Norfolk, VA, is committed to providing answers to all your questions.
It is our way of helping your make the decisions
that are right for you and your family.