Legacy Cremation Services, serving Houston, TX:
Cremation is the Affordable Option.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy – the premiere cremation provider in your area – where our professional cremation staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision.
There is nothing wrong with honoring your loved one, AND saving.
The cremation option is the economical alternative. As a wise consumer, you are probably looking for ways to save on final expenses, while having a service that honors the memory of your loved one. With all the options available, creating a cremation package offers a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. And, cremation costs are far less prohibitive, at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about.
Some financial details. A funeral can easily cost $10,000, while a cremation service can save the family up to $7,000, especially when you eliminate the cost of a casket. Doesn’t it make sense to use that money for the children and grandchildren? And doesn’t it make sense to let your family start the grieving process without incurring additional financial strain?
What are some of those options? The cremation Directors at Legacy, serving families in Houston, can help you honor the life of your loved one in a personalized manner, even on a small budget. For example, you can express your love and respect for a recently deceased friend or family member by:
- Writing an obituary for the local newspaper
- Setting up a photographic display that includes pictures of the deceased
- Creating a video slide show of the special times in the life of the deceased to show to those who attend
- Setting up a special memorial website where friends and family can share their heartfelt condolences and memories from wherever they are.
- Developing a cremation memorial program – or small pamphlet – which encapsulates the life of the deceased and which is presented to all who attend as a memento of this special time.
Legacy would be honored to guide you through the cremation process, helping you to find templates for printed materials, videos and web sites, and sharing from our long-standing experience what works well and what doesn’t.
Additional benefits of a cremation package. Cremation offers the possibility of allowing the family to gather at a later date – after the actual cremation – for example, during more seasonable weather. An experienced and professional cremation provider, Legacy can help you plan a cremation service that carries out the wishes of the deceased and the family, allowing you to focus on your grief, while keeping convenience in mind.
Rest assured, the price will be right. At Legacy, it is our policy to discuss arrangements in detail, and provide all financial information about the options you select, up front. The price of cremation services and programs can vary considerably, and we want you to know exactly what you’re paying for in advance, as we know this will greatly ease your mind.
Special benefits are available for veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, a Legacy cremation consultant can help you make the special arrangements for which you or your loved one is entitled. Our knowledgeable cremation staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
Let’s not forget about Social Security benefits. The Legacy staff is knowledgeable about:
The deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
- Lump-Sum Death Payment: Ask our professionally trained cremation professionals about how to apply for a one-time payment of $255 in addition to the monthly cash benefit.
It our goal to make your experience with Legacy Cremation Services, serving Houston, TX,
as pleasant as possible . . . it is our privilege and our honor.
to be there when you need help the most.