What Do You Do When You’re Overwhelmed with Final Arrangements?
Meet with the Professionals at
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Fort Worth, TX.
It’s What We Do.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. We all want to know that our loved one would be happy with the final good-byes. Knowing that you have choices can ease your mind.
Legacy is the premiere cremation service provider in your area. One of the advantages of working with a Legacy cremation consultant is that our professionals are available around the clock to help you through every decision. We want you to know is that a burial service can require a lot of planning, at a time when you want to properly mourn your loved one – not to mention the expense. On the other hand, cremations are much more affordable and simpler to arrange, while still providing a meaningful way to honor your loved one. And Legacy has decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family.
You can be extravagant, traditional and formal if you want – no problem – or we can help you explore creative cremation alternatives.
Direct cremation: the popular and economical option. Direct cremation eliminates steps like embalming or a viewing and may take away some of the stress often associated with the passing of a loved one With direct cremation, a Legacy cremation consultant will arrange to transport the body from the location of death straight to the crematorium. An alternative container, made from combustible materials, is usually used. This will work for you if your beliefs do not require embalming or visitation prior to cremation. Of course, if you want to see the body before the cremation process, you can request this.
Cremation does not eliminate the possibility of a service. Legacy can help you arrange a meaningful memorial service AFTER the cremation. There are lots of unique options that will honor your religious beliefs, as well as your financial needs. A service does not have to consist of a traditional church ceremony. It can be held at a community center or private club, or even at home if you have the room. A Legacy cremation counselor will work with you to come up with the perfectly suitable and affordable option.
Other things to consider :
- Scattering the ashes is an alternative. If you plan to scatter the ashes, or have Legacy do it for you, you may want to have family and friends gather in a beautiful outdoor setting to witness the event and share their memories.
- A church service and viewing is still an option with a cremation package. If this is what you want, Legacy can arrange for it to take place BEFORE the cremation, with an open casket (purchased or rented, ornate or simple). Or, you can opt to have a simple service in your own home, where family and friends can eat and talk and remember the deceased
- Determine the type of container you want.
- If you are traveling a distance with the ashes, or if you plan to scatter the cremains, you may not need an urn; it may be easier to use a plastic or cardboard container provided by Legacy.
- If you choose a traditional burial following the cremation, most cremation gardens and burial facilities require an urn. Or, if you plan on housing the remains in a columbarium, an urn may also be required.
- If you plan to keep your loved one close to you, keep the ashes at home and select a container that is meaningful and attractive.
- Biodegradable and earth friendly urns are also available, and may be appropriate, depending on the circumstances.
- Cremation is an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself. The cremation process reduces the carbon footprint, because:
- Cremated remains take up a much smaller space than a burial. While the average human body takes up between 5 and 6 feet, cremains can easily fit into a container the size of a shoe box.
- Burial may occur in a more natural container, such as a basket made of reeds or grass.
- The family can decide not to bury the cremains at all, instead opting to keep them in a beautiful urn or other container available through Legacy.
- Legacy cremation professionals can help you scatter the cremains in a natural open place: over the waters of an ocean or lake, drifting through the air in the mountains during a beautiful moonlight service, or throughout a garden where the spirit of the deceased can roam free. Or, a natural container can be floated out into open water instead of being buried in the ground
- There is no need for embalming, which helps to preserve the earth for future generations.
Whatever the option, you can purchase what you need through Legacy. As your loved one’s final resting place, the selection of an urn is an important decision. Legacy will help you figure out what of all these options is best suited to you, your family, and your loved one.
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Fort Worth, TX,
has a wide variety of choices for each family’s budget.
That’s what makes Legacy the easy choice.