Legacy Cremation Services serving Austin, TX:
Go Green with the Premiere Cremation Provider in your Area.
We’ll Talk You through It.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy where our dedicated cremation staff is available around the clock to help you through every step.
You can be more environmentally responsible by planning a cremation service.
Honor your loved one AND Mother Earth.
The value of exploring an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself if you want to pre-plan a cremation service. The cremation process reduces the carbon footprint, because:
- Cremated remains take up a much smaller space than a burial. While the average human body takes up between 5 and 6 feet, cremains can easily fit into a container the size of a shoe box.
- Burial may occur in a more natural container, such as a basket made of reeds or grass.
- The family can decide not to bury the cremains at all, instead opting to keep them in a beautiful urn or other container available through Legacy.
- A Legacy cremation professional can help you scatter the cremains in a natural open place: over the waters of an ocean or lake, drifting through the air in the mountains during a beautiful moonlight service, or throughout a garden where the spirit of the deceased can roam free. Or, a natural container can be floated out into open water instead of being buried in the ground
- There is no need for embalming, which helps to preserve the earth for future generations.
The cremation option is the eco-friendly option. An array of creative alternatives are available when you call Legacy, assisting families in the Austin, TX area.
Another reason to go with cremation. Cremation services are the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. Even with all the options available, cremation costs area less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about.
Special benefits are available for veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, Legacy can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
Let’s not forget about Social Security benefits. The Legacy cremation staff is knowledgeable about:
The deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
- Lump-Sum Death Payment: Ask our professionally trained cremation counselors about how to apply for a one-time payment of $255 in addition to the monthly cash benefit.
The cremation process lends itself to diverse belief systems and cultures. This is one of the reasons why over 30% of all final arrangements are now cremations. Every family – and individual – has unique beliefs and values, and cremation is a particularly flexible alternative, allowing your family to pass down its legacy in a unique way. And a Legacy cremation consultant will stand by you, willing and able to guide you through all the decisions so that we can provide meaningful and personalized final arrangements.
Why pre-plan a cremation service? Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy always provides quality cremations at an exceptional value. However, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful plan that alleviates the burden of planning at a critical time. And, costs are further minimized. Austin residents can plan with today’s prices, rather than with a potentially higher future price.
When the environment is important to you, discuss cremation options with a representative from Legacy Cremation Services, serving Austin, TX.