With Legacy Cremation Services, every Memorial
is Unique and Meaningful.
Cremation actually lends itself to many different types of final arrangements, from formal and traditional to creative alternatives. Legacy is dedicated to helping you celebrate the life of your loved one in a way that is meaningful for you, and in line with your familial, cultural, and spiritual requirements.
Legacy: serving the Pittsburgh community.
Legacy can help you arrange the perfect memorial service from flowers, music and lighting, to all those extras that personalize the event – let us walk you through how to make a memorial program, a video or slide show, or photo display. Or what about a memorial table where poems or crafts that your loved one created are displayed.
But there’s more:
- What is the location of death? Does the body need to be transported? Would it make more sense to carry out the cremation first, and then transport the ashes?
- Do you want a formal viewing and funeral service prior to the cremation? In that case, what is the right kind of casket? There are biodegradable caskets, or a casket can be rented.
- Are there scheduling difficulties regarding important family members? If a formal service is not planned, you can have the memorial service at a later date that is convenient for everyone.
- Where do you think the service should be held? Is there a location that holds special meaning for your loved one, you or the family, e.g., a specific outdoor setting, a religious institution, a civic building where the deceased volunteered, or a family member’s home?
- Do you need guidance in regard to obituaries or eulogies? Who is going to write and deliver these?
- Do you need to look into veteran’s benefits or Social Security benefits? Is there private life or burial insurance that requires paperwork? Ask us for our checklist.
- How do you envision the final resting place? If you are not planning for a formal burial, we can also arrange to bury the ashes in a smaller plot, or provide decorative urns or cremation jewelry where the ashes can be kept, or help you scatter the ashes over sea or land.
Cremation allows you to create a new tradition that your loved one would be proud of.
For example, if there are friends or family who cannot attend the service, our Directors can help you set up a memorial web site including a guest book, photos, poems, and any items you might include in a memorial book. The web site allows everyone to share their memories and condolences, and gives all the loved ones a feeling that they are a part of the ceremony. A memorial web site can be added to as the years go by, acting as a lasting memorial.
Our special gift to you.
Once the cremation and services are complete, that may be the time when you feel the most alone. Legacy will not leave you, even then. If you still need a shoulder to lean on, call us at any time. We will guide you through the grieving process, by helping you find the support you need. This could involve:
- A support group that meets regularly, and in person.
- An online support chat room (e-aftercare group), where you can get help as well as give help to others who are going through a similar experience.
Everyone deals with grief in their own way, and we will help you find the assistance that is right for you.
Why it’s a good idea to pre-plan.
Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy Cremation Services always provides quality cremations at an exceptional value. However, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful way to alleviate the burden of making all those decisions at a critical time.
You will be able to decide on what type of service you want, from beginning to end, as well as the nature of your final resting place (urn, scattering or other option). Why not make things easier for your family and make the arrangements ahead of time?
And, costs are further minimized when you pre-plan. Pittsburgh residents can plan according to today’s prices, rather than a potentially higher future price. Purchasing insurance will further alleviate the pressure on loved ones.
Legacy professionals, serving the Pittsburgh, PA community, are happy to sit down with you and help you start this process, whether at our offices or at your home.
Legacy Cremation Services is devoted to each family
in the Pittsburgh area that it serves.
Call us and receive the quiet gentleness and comfort
you need at this difficult moment.