Legacy Cremation Services serving Portland, OR:
Go Green with the Premiere Cremation Provider in your Area.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy where our dedicated staff is available around the clock to help you through every step.
You can be more environmentally responsible by planning a cremation service.
Honor your loved one AND Mother Earth.
The value of exploring an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself if you want to pre-plan a cremation service. Cremation reduces the carbon footprint, because:
- Cremated remains take up a much smaller space than a burial. While the average human body takes up between 5 and 6 feet, cremains can easily fit into a container the size of a shoe box.
- Burial may occur in a more natural container, such as a basket made of reeds or grass.
- The family can decide not to bury the cremains at all, instead opting to keep them in a beautiful urn or other container available through Legacy.
- A Legacy cremation consultant can help you scatter the cremains in a natural open place: over the waters of an ocean or lake, drifting through the air in the mountains during a beautiful moonlight service, or throughout a garden where the spirit of the deceased can roam free. Or, a natural container can be floated out into open water instead of being buried in the ground
- There is no need for embalming, which helps to preserve the earth for future generations.
The cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
Another reason to purchase a cremation package. Cremation services are the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. Even with all the options available, cremation costs area less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about.
Why pre-plan a cremation service? Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy always provides quality cremations at an exceptional value. However, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful way to alleviate the burden of making all those decisions at a critical time. And, costs are further minimized. Portland residents can plan according to today’s prices, rather than a potentially higher future price.
The neighborhood factor.
One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional and licensed cremation staff is available around the clock to help with every decision. We have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family, and every family’s budget.
Oftentimes, large chains controlled by funeral conglomerates swallow up the smaller privately-owned companies in order to eliminate the competition. But Legacy is family-owned and operated. We live in your community, we have a long and proud history of providing quality and caring service to generations of families in and around Portland and we are committed to continuing that legacy.
Now as always, these are the four steps to follow: 1. Call Legacy. 2. Get answers. 3. Breathe deeply. 4. Feel better.
And, a Legacy cremation counselor can help you get benefits.
- For veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, our professional cremation staff can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable Directors are equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
- Social Security: A deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
When the environment is important to you, discuss cremation options with a representative
from Legacy Cremation Services, serving Portland, OR:
The creative cremation consultant.