Our Cremation Packages Include
- Transportation of the deceased to the crematory
- Obtaining certified copies of death certificate
- Obtaining cremation approval from the medical examiner
- Assistance in filing for VA benefits and insurance policies
- Social security administration forms completed
- Alternative container (The container the body is cremated in)
- Rigid container (For the return of the cremated remains)
How to Honor a Life
One thing you can do to begin the healing process is to pay your respects in a distinctly personal way: What did he or she stand for? Value? Teach you?
Ask us about all the ways we can help you to uniquely celebrate your loved one’s legacy: burial at sea, scattering of cremains, interment of the ashes, viewings, and memorial services. Each can be done with a personal touch.
Scattering at Sea
The popularity of scattering at sea is steadily growing as people look to the organic nature of the ocean to help them bring closure to their loss.
Scattering at sea combines a sense of finality with a new beginning, as it returns us to nature and our origins.
If you are considering scattering the cremains of a loved one, we have lots of helpful information.
– Like family, we are here to help you in every way possible 24/7.
– Supportive, caring representatives who take your call the first time and are trained to answer all of your questions.
– All-inclusive service and guidance through each step of the process.
– Sensitivity to all your needs, both financial and spiritual.
– Local assistance that keeps you connected to community.
The Compassionate Cremation Provider:
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Toledo, OH.
There is no substitute for decades of experience
and careful attention to detail.
Every Toledo cremation service provider knows that what they do is more than just a business. What we do requires dedication and professionalism, a great deal of compassion and kindness, and attention to detail. From the moment you contact Legacy you will be treated like family. Legacy cremation consultants are dedicated to celebrating every life with honor and respect, and making what is naturally a difficult time as stress-free as possible.
Legacy cremation counselors are invested in helping the residents of Toledo by providing well-planned cremation arrangements in a peaceful, soothing environment, while preserving the traditions and customs of your family.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming, particularly in the winter months when the ground is hard and money is tight. We know you have lots of questions. As the premiere cremation provider in your area, we have the answers. First and foremost we want you to know:
There is nothing wrong with ensuring that your final good-byes are affordable,
as well as dignified, meaningful, personal and convenient.
Purchasing a cremation package is the viable alternative.
While traditional burials are often selected, Legacy has seen a rise in the popularity of cremation services over the past several years. There are good reasons for this:
- The cremation process lends itself to a variety of options that satisfy all religious, spiritual and financial needs.
- With cremation packages for every budget, cremation makes it easier to fulfill a loved one’s wishes, while still maintaining cost efficiency.
Be a smart consumer. Choose cremation – the stress reducer.
Formal, traditional viewings and burials can be very stressful, especially if you are unprepared when your loved one passes on. Not only is the cremation option a less stressful way of handling death, it affords the family and friends more time to gather for a memorial service after a cremation.
Cremation also reduces stress because it is more cost effective. Today it is easy to spend $15,000 or more on a traditional funeral, which includes embalming and cosmetic preparation of the body for a viewing or wake, a casket, rental of a funeral home, flowers, burial vault, plot and headstone. (And don’t forget the costs associated with filing estate paperwork and wills). All or most of these items can be eliminated when you choose the cremation process.
If you are working with a Legacy cremation consultant, the family should have no worries about how the body is handled. We will transport the body from the location of death and immediately oversee the cremation process. Cremation services can be planned for a later date, when it is convenient for family members who live in other areas of the country to gather.
If you want to bury the remains, this can be difficult or impossible when the ground is frozen. No problem. Legacy removes that concern, as we can easily store the ashes until the ground thaws. Or you can keep the cremains in an urn purchased from Legacy, or place them in an above-ground vault or mausoleum, or scatter them when the weather gets better.
If burial space is an issue in your area, the cremation option has the extra added benefit of reducing the need for it. Instead of a full size casket, cremains take up a small amount of space, if the family decides to bury them. If this is the case, internment will cost less than burial of a casket. Of course, the remains can always occupy a spot of honor in the home in a decorative urn, or in a special cremation garden where loved ones can pay their respects.
We want you to be informed before you decide.
That’s why you should count on Legacy to be your cremation consultant.
- Availability. One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional and licensed cremation staff is available around the clock to help with every decision. We have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family – and every family’s budget.
- Resources. In addition, Legacy offers counseling, information and guidance before, during and after your loved one reaches a final resting place. Instead of worrying about what to do next, just call us. We will get you through this difficult time.
- Options. Legacy also offers a wide variety of cremation memorial accessories. In addition to standard cremation urns, we have lovely cremation memorial jewelry, cremation picture frames, and other mementos which family members can take home to remember their loved one. Keeping an urn at home is just easier than traveling through bad traffic and bad weather to a grave site.
If you live in Toledo, OH, let us help you to make the choices that are right for you. And remember, from the moment you call, you will be treated like family.
Call Legacy Cremation Services. Get answers. Breathe deeply. Feel better.