What Do You Do When You Can’t Afford the Cost of a Lavish Service?
Meet with the Professionals at
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Columbus, OH.
It’s What We Do.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming.
Legacy is the premiere cremation service provider in your area. Our professional cremation staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision. One of the things we want you to know is that a burial service can require a lot of planning, at a time when you want to properly mourn your loved one – not to mention the expense. On the other hand, cremation packages are much more affordable and simpler to arrange, while still providing a meaningful way to honor your loved one. And Legacy cremation consultants have decades of experience helping to create unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family.
You can be extravagant, traditional and formal if you want – no problem – or we can help you explore creative cremation alternatives.
Some financial details. A funeral can easily cost $10,000 or more, while a cremation service can save the family up to $7,000, especially when you eliminate the cost of a casket. Doesn’t it make sense to keep cremation costs low and use that money for the children and grandchildren? And doesn’t it make sense to let your family start the grieving process without incurring additional financial strain?
While funeral costs continually rise, there is a cremation package for everyone.
Direct cremation: the popular and economical option. With direct cremation, a Legacy cremation counselor can arrange to transport the body from the location of death straight to the crematorium. An alternative container, made from combustible materials, is usually used. This will work for you if your beliefs do not require embalming or visitation prior to cremation. Of course, if you want to see the body before the cremation, you can request this.
Cremation does not eliminate the possibility of a service. Legacy can help you arrange a meaningful cremation memorial service AFTER the cremation. There are lots of unique options that will honor your religious beliefs, as well as your financial needs. A service does not have to consist of a traditional church ceremony. It can be held at a community center or private club, or even at home if you have the room. A Legacy cremation Director will work with you to come up with the perfectly suitable and affordable cremation option.
There are many things to consider.
- Ask yourself if the environment is a concern to you or your loved one. If it is, cremation will keep the footprint left behind as minimal as possible, especially if you choose to scatter the ashes. But if burial is important to your family, choose a biodegradable urn through Legacy – it will completely disintegrate over time. That’s why the cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
- A funeral service is still an option, even with cremation. You can have a church service with an open casket (purchased or rented), if that is what you want. Legacy will simply arrange for the cremation to take place after the service. Or, you can opt to have a simple cremation service in your own home.
- Consider the type of container you want. If you are traveling a distance with the ashes, or if you plan to scatter the cremains, you may not need an urn; it may be easier to use a plastic or cardboard container provided by Legacy. If you choose to bury your loved one following the cremation process, most cremation gardens and burial facilities require an urn. If you plan on housing the remains in a columbarium, an urn may also be required. If you plan to keep the ashes at home, you will want to select something meaningful and attractive. Whatever the option, you can purchase what you need by talking with a Legacy a cremation consultant.
The possibility of benefits:
Special benefits are available for veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, Legacy can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable cremation staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
Let’s not forget about Social Security. The Legacy staff is knowledgeable about:
The deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. Monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remain disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
- Lump-Sum Death Payment: Ask our professionally trained staff about how to apply for a one-time payment of $255 in addition to the monthly cash benefit.
Many people prefer to keep things simple and economical
for their families when they pass on.
Call Legacy Cremation Services, serving Columbus, OH.
We’ll talk you through it.