Legacy Cremation Services, serving Queens, NY,
Can Help You Pre-Plan A Cremation Service.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy – the premiere cremation provider assisting families your area – where our dedicated staff is available around the clock to help you through every step.
And remember: cremation pre-planning lessens the burden.
As a cremation provider, Legacy has assisted families in Queens for decades, offering a dignified and respectful alternative to traditional funerals and burials at a far lower cost. Our experienced, professional cremation staff is available to answer all your questions 24 / 7 about the cremation process and will work with you to develop a specific cremation plan that accommodates your final wishes, or those of a loved one. Residents of Queens can trust Legacy to professionally and respectfully meet your cremation needs.
Special benefits are available for veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, a Legacy cremation consultant can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
Why cremation pre-planning? Family-owned for two decades, Legacy prides itself on providing quality cremations at an exceptional value. However more than that, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized plan that alleviates the burden of making all those decisions at a particularly stressful time. Define your wishes, or the wishes of a loved one, and finalize your payments now. This will allow you to plan with today’s prices, rather than with potentially higher future price.
The importance of the insurance factor. Insurance is an important consideration when it comes to making choices about final arrangements, and we want you to be prepared with as much information as possible. Here are some things to consider:
- Does your loved one have insurance for final arrangements, and where is the paper work kept?
- Does your loved one’s policy cover only the most basic services, or does it cover more than that?
- Is there a relative prepared to make up the difference if more elaborate arrangement are planned?
Let’s not forget about Social Security benefits. The Legacy cremation staff is knowledgeable about:
The deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
- Lump-Sum Death Payment: Ask our professionally trained staff about how to apply for a one-time payment of $255 in addition to the monthly cash benefit.
More interesting things to know about cremation:
Much of the civilized world finds the cremation process perfectly acceptable. Only in the USA and Canada is embalming (preservation of bodies past the normal stages of decomposition during burial) the prevalent custom. More and more families are turning to Legacy to arrange unique, meaningful, and affordable cremations.
Pre-planning is the essence of convenience. By pre-planning a cremation, final arrangements can be carried out as quickly as is convenient for everyone concerned, even with close family members living all over the country – or even around the world.
Cremation lends itself to diverse belief systems and cultures. This is one of the reasons why over 30% of all final arrangements are now cremations. Every family – and individual – has unique beliefs and values, and purchasing a cremation package is a particularly flexible alternative, allowing your family to pass down its legacy in a unique way. And Legacy cremation consultants will stand by you, willing and able to guide you through all the decisions so that we can provide meaningful and personalized final arrangements.
Cremation is an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself. Ask us why the cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
Legacy Cremation Services is sensitive to all aspects
of the financial complexities of cremation planning.
We are fully equipped to help you through it, each step of the way.