What Do You Do When You’re Overwhelmed with Final Arrangements?
Meet with the Professionals at
Legacy Cremation Services, serving St. Paul, MN.
It’s What We Do.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. We all want to know that our loved one would be happy with the final good-byes. Knowing that you have choices can ease your mind.
Legacy is the premiere cremation service provider in your area. One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional cremation staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision. We want you to know is that a burial service can require a lot of planning, at a time when you want to properly mourn your loved one – not to mention the expense. On the other hand, cremations are much more affordable and simpler to arrange, while still providing a meaningful way to honor your loved one. Legacy cremation consultants have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family.
You can be extravagant, traditional and formal if you want – no problem – or we can help you explore creative cremation alternatives.
Direct cremation: the popular and economical option. Direct cremation eliminates steps like embalming or a viewing and may take away some of the stress often associated with the passing of a loved one. With direct cremation, Legacy transports the body from the location of death straight to the crematorium. An alternative container, made from combustible materials, is usually used. This will work for you if your beliefs do not require embalming or visitation prior to the cremation process. Of course, if you want to see the body before the cremation, you can request this.
Purchasing a cremation package does not eliminate the possibility of a service. Legacy can help you arrange a meaningful memorial service AFTER the cremation. There are lots of unique options that will honor your religious beliefs, as well as your financial needs. A service does not have to consist of a traditional church ceremony. It can be held at a community center or private club, or even at home if you have the room. A Legacy cremation counselor will work with you to come up with the perfectly suitable and affordable option.
Other things to consider:
- Scattering the ashes is an alternative. If you plan to scatter the ashes, or have Legacy do it for you, you may want to have family and friends gather in a beautiful outdoor setting to witness the event and share their memories.
- A church service and viewing is still an option with cremation. If this is what you want, a Legacy cremation professional can arrange for it to take place BEFORE the cremation, with an open casket (purchased or rented, ornate or simple). Or, you can opt to have a simple service in your own home, where family and friends can eat and talk and remember the deceased
- Consider the type of container you want.
- If you are traveling a distance with the ashes, or if you plan to scatter the cremains, you may not need an urn; it may be easier to use a plastic or cardboard container provided by Legacy.
- If you choose a traditional burial following the cremation, most cremation gardens and burial facilities require an urn. Or, if you plan on housing the remains in a columbarium, an urn may also be required.
- If you plan to keep your loved one close to you, keep the ashes at home and select a container that is meaningful and attractive.
- Biodegradable and earth friendly urns are also available, and may be appropriate, depending on the circumstances.
Whatever the option, you can purchase the cremation package you need through Legacy. As your loved one’s final resting place, the selection of an urn is an important decision. Legacy will help you figure out which of all these options is best suited to you, your family, and your loved one.
The neighborhood factor.
One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional and licensed cremation staff is available around the clock to help with every decision. We have decades of experience creating unique cremation packages that are perfect for every family, and every family’s budget.
Oftentimes, large chains controlled by funeral conglomerates swallow up the smaller privately-owned companies in order to eliminate the competition. But Legacy is family-owned and operated. We live in your community, we have a long and proud history of providing quality and caring service to generations of families in and around St. Paul, and we are committed to continuing that legacy.
Now as always, these are the four steps to follow: 1. Call Legacy. 2. Get answers. 3. Breathe deeply. 4. Feel better.
Legacy Cremation Services – serving St. Paul, MN –
has a wide variety of choices for each family’s budget.
That’s what makes Legacy the easy choice.