Cremation: The Perfect Solution for the American Rainbow.
Legacy Cremation Services has been assisting Shreveport for generations, and we are proud of our contribution.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and Legacy cremation consultants understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy – the premiere cremation provider assisting families in your area – where our professional cremation staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision.
We will be there for you before, during, and after the final arrangements have been carried out:
- Before: Sit down, ask us questions, and tell us your concerns. We will listen.
- During: You can rely on Legacy cremation consultants to handle all the details, from transporting the body (if necessary), to arranging a memorial service, to helping you plan the final resting place, to dealing with paperwork, insurance, and any benefits to which surviving family members may be entitled.
- After: We can help you to find the support you may need to continue the healing process, including online chat rooms, face-to-face support groups, or private help.
Legacy serves the Shreveport, LA community: Let’s talk.
Why a cremation package? Because it is the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. With all the options available, cremation costs are less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about. Your family can start the grieving process without incurring additional financial strain.
Cremation is perfect for all races, creeds, religions and ethnic groups. The United States of America has a rich history that honors people of all cultures and backgrounds. Choosing cremation does not eliminate any of the family’s requirements. Legacy cremation counselors have experience satisfying the specific requests of all cultural traditions. We will help you create a package that respects your particular wishes and we will carry out each detail with complete care.
- Some cultures require a ritual cleansing of the body. This may be carried out by family members who gently cleanse the body, anoint it with special oils, and recite specific blessings.
- Some cultures require that the body be readied as quickly as possible. If you want to reduce the body’s natural decomposition prior to carrying out final arrangements, keep in mind that cremation will work well. The cremation process reduces the body to a basic natural state, and the ashes can then be buried or scattered without harming Mother Earth.
- Some cultures focus on releasing the soul so that it can complete its journey. Legacy cremation professionals have experience with this as well. Tell us about your specific requirements and we will work with you to create a cremation service that honors your loved one and your family.
- Some cultures want to celebrate the life of the loved one. Legacy cremation consultants have decades of experience creating a cremation service with photos, music, and even videos. Families can decorate the body, wear special clothing, and enjoy the privacy required for elaborate forms of mourning.
- Some cultures favor a wake or viewing at the home of the deceased or at a special homestead. Cremation can easily accommodate wakes and viewings, a time to gather as a family to remember the deceased in joy with food and entertainment, and a “going-home” ritual for the loved one who journeys to their Savior.
- Some cultures create a solemn occasion based in steep religious traditions. Some of these traditions do not allow for cremation. Be sure to check with your religious leader ahead of time, especially if you pre-plan a cremation with Legacy. We want to be sure you follow your individual spiritual beliefs and rituals.
In all cases, a cremation package is a flexible and affordable alternative that can accommodate everyone’s needs, from traditional to contemporary. A Legacy cremation professional will listen carefully, and guide you through the process so that we can create a package that is satisfying and suitable for you and your family.
Note: Although some countries allow outdoor cremations, this is not allowed in the United States. Legacy will handle the cremation process in a clean and secure way, according to the law. Then, you can follow your individual spiritual and cultural beliefs.
More interesting things to know about cremation.
Much of the civilized world finds cremation perfectly acceptable. Only in the USA and Canada is embalming (preservation of bodies past the normal stages of decomposition during burial) the prevalent custom. More and more families are turning to Legacy to arrange unique, meaningful, and affordable cremation packages.
The cremation process allows for options. We know you want to provide a meaningful tribute and honor the wishes of your loved one, so you may want to discuss preferences now. With this understanding ahead of time, a Legacy cremation counselor will be better equipped to advise you and prepare for everything in advance. We will always go the extra mile so that you can have the arrangements that you want. For example:
- What songs should be sung at the service?
- Who should give a eulogy?
- Is there a last message your loved one would like conveyed to family and friends?
Pre-planning is the essence of convenience. Cremation pre-planning allows final arrangements to be carried out as quickly as is convenient for everyone concerned, even with close family members living all over the country – or even around the world.
The cremation process is an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself. Ask us why the cremation option is the eco-friendly option.
Legacy Cremation Services serving Shreveport, LA:
The perfect place for culturally diverse cremations,
and all the devotion you could ask for.