Cremation: The Perfect Solution for the American Rainbow.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy Cremation Services – the premiere cremation provider assisting families in your area – where our professional staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision.
Legacy Cremation Services serving Atlanta, GA: Let’s Talk.
Why cremation? Because it is the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. With all the options available, cremation costs are less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about. Your family can start the grieving process without incurring additional financial strain.
Cremation is perfect for all races, creeds, religions and ethnicities. The United States of America has a rich history that honors people of all cultures and backgrounds. Choosing cremation does not eliminate any of the family’s requirements. Legacy Cremation Services has experience satisfying the specific requests of all cultural traditions. We will help you create a package that respects your particular wishes and we will carry out each detail with complete care.
- Some cultures require a ritual cleansing of the body. This may be carried out by family members who gently cleanse the body, anoint it with special oils, and recite specific blessings.
- Some cultures require that the body be readied as quickly as possible. If you want to reduce the body’s natural decomposition prior to carrying out final arrangements, keep in mind that cremation will work well. Cremation reduces the body to a basic natural state, and the ashes can then be buried or scattered without harming Mother Earth.
- Some cultures focus on releasing the soul so that it can complete its journey. Legacy Cremation Services has experience with this as well. Tell us about your specific requirements and we will work with you to create a service that honors your loved one and your family.
- Some cultures want to celebrate the life of the loved one. Legacy has decades of experience creating a service with photos, music, and even videos. Families can decorate the body, wear special clothing, and enjoy the privacy required for elaborate forms of mourning.
- Some cultures favor a wake or viewing at the home of the deceased or at a special homestead. Cremation can easily accommodate wakes and viewings, a time to gather as a family to remember the deceased in joy with food and entertainment, and a “going-home” ritual for the loved one who journeys to their Savior.
- Some cultures create a solemn occasion based in steep religious traditions. Some of these traditions do not allow for cremation. Be sure to check with your religious leader ahead of time, especially if you pre-plan a cremation with Legacy. We want to be sure you follow your individual spiritual beliefs and rituals.
In all cases, cremation is a flexible and affordable alternative that can accommodate everyone’s needs, from traditional to contemporary. Legacy will listen carefully, and guide you through the process so that we can create a package that is satisfying and suitable for you and your family.
Note: Although some countries allow outdoor cremations, this is not allowed in the United States. Legacy Cremation Services will handle cremation in a clean and secure way, according to the law. Then, you can follow your individual spiritual and cultural beliefs.
And, we can help you get benefits.
- For veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, Legacy can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
- Social Security: A deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Atlanta, GA:
The perfect place for culturally diverse cremations.