When you’ve honored the earth in life, why not continue in death?
Go Green with the Premiere Cremation Provider in your Area:
Legacy Cremation Services, serving Upper San Gabriel Valley, CA
for over two decades.
Someday soon your cremated remains could be buried in banana leaves or floated out in the ocean in baskets made from natural reeds. Despite the economic challenges of this century, consumers are demanding that their carbon footprint be lessened through innovatively green burial methods and products, so that future generations can enjoy the beauty of the world. Here are some the trends:
- Casket and cremation urn manufacturers are getting requests to design burial products that are less harmful to the environment
- Instead of the heavily varnished caskets of yesteryear, consumers are asking for burial containers made of unfinished softer woods like pine or poplar, hybrid caskets made from pressed wood products which tend to be less costly and burn well, or reeds and other biodegradable materials that benefit the earth instead of harming it.
- In sharp contrast to the way things were in the past, consumers are interested in speeding up the natural decomposition process, or they forgo burial altogether.
There are green cemeteries that cater to these needs.
Go “green” with cremation. Legacy can help.
The value of exploring an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself if you want to pre-plan a cremation service. Cremation reduces the carbon footprint, because:
- Cremated remains take up a much smaller space than a burial. While the average human body takes up between 5 and 6 feet, cremains can easily fit into a container the size of a shoe box.
- Burial may occur in a more natural container, such as a basket made of reeds or grass, rather than a casket, which is an expensive waste of natural resources.
- The family can decide not to bury the cremains at all, instead opting to keep them in a beautiful urn or other container available through Legacy Cremation Services.
- Legacy can help you scatter the cremains in a natural open place: over the waters of an ocean or lake, drifting through the air in the mountains during a beautiful moonlight service, or throughout a garden where the spirit of the deceased can roam free. Or, a natural container can be floated out into open water instead of being buried in the ground
- There is no need for embalming, which helps to preserve the earth for future generations.
All of these eco-friendly options are available when you call Legacy.
Another reason to go with cremation. Cremation is the lowest cost alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute for far less than a traditional funeral and burial. This includes the use of cardboard containers available from Legacy Cremation Services, just big enough to hold the human body, which is then placed into the cremation chamber and quickly consumed by the heat and flame.
Why pre-plan a cremation service? Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy Cremation Services always provides quality cremations at an exceptional value. However, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful way to alleviate the burden of making all those decisions at a critical time. And, costs are further minimized. Upper San Gabriel Valley residents can plan according to today’s prices, rather than a potentially higher future price.
The neighborhood factor.
One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional and licensed staff is available around the clock to help with every decision. We have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family, and every family’s budget.
Oftentimes, large chains controlled by funeral conglomerates swallow up the smaller privately-owned companies in order to eliminate the competition. But Legacy is family-owned and operated. We live in your community, we have a long and proud history of providing quality and caring service to generations of families in and around Upper San Gabriel Valley, CA, and we are committed to continuing that legacy.
Now as always, these are the four steps to follow: Call Legacy. 2. Get answers. 3. Breathe deeply. 4. Feel better.
And, we can help you get benefits.
- For veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, Legacy can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
- Social Security: A deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
When the environment is important to you, discuss cremation options with a representative from Legacy Cremation Services, serving Upper San Gabriel Valley, CA.
Everything will be handled with care and respect.