Make Legacy Cremation Services, serving San Diego, CA,
a Part of the Plan:
Especially if you are Thinking about Scattering the Ashes at Sea.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to Legacy Cremation Services – the premiere cremation provider assisting families in your area – where our professional staff is available around the clock to help you through every decision.
There is nothing wrong with honoring your loved one, AND saving.
Cremation is the affordable alternative. As a wise consumer, you are probably looking for ways to save on final expenses, while having a service that honors the memory of your loved one. With all the options available, planning a cremation offers a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. And, cremation costs are far less prohibitive, at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about.
Some financial details. A funeral can easily cost $10,000, while a cremation service can save the family up to $7,000, especially when you eliminate the cost of a casket. Doesn’t it make sense to use that money for the children and grandchildren? And doesn’t it make sense to let your family start the grieving process without incurring additional financial strain?
What are those options? The Directors at Legacy can help you honor the life of your loved one in a personalized manner, even on a small budget. For example, you can express your love and respect for a recently deceased friend or family member by:
- Writing an obituary for the local newspaper
- Setting up a photographic display that includes pictures of the deceased
- Creating a video slide show of the special times in the life of the deceased to show to those who attend
- Setting up a special memorial website where friends and family can share their heartfelt condolences and memories from wherever they are.
- Developing a cremation memorial program – or small pamphlet – which encapsulates the life of the deceased and which is presented to all who attend as a memento of this special time.
- Scattering the ashes in a special place is an ever-increasingly popular choice. Many families choose this, especially if the deceased had a love of nature.
An additional benefit of cremation – convenience. Cremation offers the possibility of allowing the family to gather at a later date – after the actual cremation – for example, during more seasonable weather. This works especially well if you are planning to scatter the ashes. Legacy allows you to focus on your grief, while keeping convenience in mind.
More details about scattering the ashes. This choice is a very important and irreversible one, a decision not to be taken lightly. One of the beautiful things about cremation is that decisions such as this do not have to be made immediately. Scattering the cremains may be done at any future date, when you are sure you are ready. There are two types of scatterings at sea:
- Unattended: Legacy will respectfully conduct a sea scattering service, and your attendance is not required. Following the scattering, we will place flowers on the water to mark the spot. We record the exact longitude and latitude coordinates which are provided to you in the form of a certificate suitable for framing. The family does not attend this placement.
- Attended: We can provide for a private charter of the vessel to take up to 6 attendees out for the scattering service. You are put directly in contact with the charter service to coordinate dates, times and directions. We do not accompany you on this trip.
Just a note that scattering urns may be used when placing cremains (cremated remains) in the water, although some families prefer to pour the ashes directly into the water. Using a biodegradable urn made specifically for ocean placement reduces the potential for problems with the wind and waves and may make for a much more pleasant experience. We have some options available which can be viewed online through our urn catalog.
Special benefits are available for veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, Legacy can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
Legacy Cremation Services,
serving San Diego, CA,
Is honored to offer guidance when you need it.