Legacy Cremation Services:
The “Go Green” Premiere Cremation Provider in your Area.
Serving Los Angeles, CA.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. That is why your first call should be to a Legacy cremation consultant. Our dedicated staff is available around the clock to help you through every step.
You can be more environmentally responsible by planning a cremation service.
Honor your loved one AND Mother Earth.
The value of exploring an earth-friendly alternative. If being “green” is a prominent part of your life, there is no need to abandon that philosophy when planning final arrangements for a loved one, or for yourself if you want to pre-plan a cremation service. Cremation reduces the carbon footprint, because:
- Cremated remains take up a much smaller space than a burial. While the average human body takes up between 5 and 6 feet, cremains can easily fit into a container the size of a shoe box.
- Burial may occur in a more natural container, such as a basket made of reeds or grass.
The family can decide not to bury the cremains at all, instead opting to keep them in a beautiful urn or other container available through Legacy.
- Legacy can help you scatter the cremains in a natural open place: over the waters of an ocean or lake, drifting through the air in the mountains during a beautiful moonlight service, or throughout a garden where the spirit of the deceased can roam free. Or, a natural container can be floated out into open water instead of being buried in the ground
- There is no need for embalming, which helps to preserve the earth for future generations.
All of these eco-friendly options are available when you plan a cremation package with a Legacy cremation advisor.
More details about scattering the ashes. This choice is a very important and irreversible one, a decision not to be taken lightly. One of the beautiful things about cremation is that decisions such as this do not have to be made immediately. Scattering the cremains may be done at any future date, when you are sure you are ready. There are two types of scatterings at sea:
- Unattended: Legacy will respectfully conduct a sea scattering service, and your attendance is not required. Following the scattering, we will place flowers on the water to mark the spot. We record the exact longitude and latitude coordinates which are provided to you in the form of a certificate suitable for framing.
- Attended We can provide for a private charter of the vessel to take up to 6 attendees out for the scattering service. You are put directly in contact with the charter service to coordinate dates, times and directions. We do not accompany you on this trip.
Just a note that scattering urns may be used when placing cremains (cremated remains) in the water, although some families prefer to pour the ashes directly into the water. Using a biodegradable urn made specifically for ocean placement reduces the potential for problems with the wind and waves and may make for a much more pleasant experience. We have some options available which can be viewed online through our urn catalog.
Another reason to go with cremation. Cremation services are the reasonably priced alternative for final arrangements, offering a customized and dignified tribute at a cost far less than a traditional funeral and burial. Even with all the cremation options available, cremation costs area less prohibitive – at a time when finances are the last thing you want to think about.
Why pre-plan a cremation service? Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy Cremation Services always provides quality cremation packages at an exceptional value. Pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful plan that alleviates the burden of planning at a critical time. And, costs are further minimized. Los Angeles residents can plan according to today’s cremation prices, rather than a potentially higher future price.
Cremation is perfect for all races, creeds, religions and ethnicities. The United States of America has a rich history that honors people of all cultures and backgrounds. Choosing cremation does not eliminate any of the family’s requirements. Legacy cremation advisors have experience satisfying the specific requests of all cultural traditions. We will help you create a cremation package that respects your particular wishes and we will carry out each detail with complete care.
When the environment is important to you, discuss cremation options with a representative from Legacy Cremation Services,
the creative cremation consultant.