Creating Memorable and Affordable
Cremation Services for Your Loved One.
Legacy Cremation Services Assists Families in the Freemont, CA Community.
And yes, we are trusted flower consultants for cremation services.
With years of experience under our belt, Legacy is skilled at helping families decide on which kinds of flowers to use at cremation memorials, regardless of the type of service you choose: traditional, formal, or alternative.
Flowers should be selected with a certain sensibility in mind, as they can easily become quite expensive.
For Legacy cremation consultants, the watchword is cost effective.
Flowers are an important aspect of any ceremony, lending an air of class and beauty to special occasions. They are a traditional way to “dress” important life events, but they don’t need to be overdone. If the flowers are garish, it can actually make the participants feel uncomfortable – and it’s an expense that is just not necessary.
Legacy will help you select the right flowers, in the right amount, in order to achieve the desired effect: a meaningful and beautiful service with a lovely distraction so that family members have something positive to enjoy during their time of emotional turmoil.
Here are some pointers when it comes to choosing flowers for a cremation memorial service:
- Think about whether your loved one had a favorite flower, and determine whether this flower is in season and native to your region. When in season and native, flowers are easier to obtain, less costly, more vibrant in color and higher in quality.
- Some flowers are considered more formal, others are more casual. Choose flowers that mirror the overall tone of the cremation service you are planning.
- Is there a specific color that you plan to use for programs, or other accessories, and are there flowers that coordinate with this palette? Keep in mind that different colors have different meanings, and not all may be appropriate for a cremation service.
- Bunches of flowers are usually designed with size, shape and texture in mind, so that the various flowers complement each other. We will keep this in mind.
- Floral arrangements come in many shapes, for example crosses, halos and diamonds, and some of these may adorn an urn or other container. Or you may decorate a room with baskets of floral arrangements, or opt for wreaths on stands.
- Legacy cremation consultants works with people every day and we know how important it is to choose the right floral arrangements so that the service is as beautiful as possible, at the best possible price. And we work with local florists as well, so we have a sense of the best places to go. Ask us!
Don’t underestimate the power of plants. Legacy suggests using live plants along with flowers at a cremation memorial service in order to help create a warm atmosphere and balance out the scents in the room where the event will be held. In fact, live plants symbolize the afterlife and the eternal grace and beauty of nature. We usually prefer palms, ferns and peace lilies – these are the traditional live plants used at most services. Some families, however, like to bring in fichus trees, small mountain pines and other small trees to add texture and color to the area.
Live plants and trees can be rented, but families may prefer to take the live plants and trees with them, and plant them in a special place such as a garden, park or forest as a way of honoring the loved one after the cremation service. Legacy will help you do this, if it is your preference. Plants and trees rooted in the ground will serve as an eternal remembrance of the person who has passed away, and can give comfort to loved ones left behind, for many generations. Talk to our cremation professionals about how and where to order these plants and trees for the best prices and the highest quality.
Think about cremation pre-planning with Legacy.
With flowers, as with everything else, it helps if you plan ahead and talk to your loved one so that their preferences are known. Or pre-plan your own cremation. In either case, this will reduce the stress and worry associated with making all those decisions when that difficult time comes. Instead of stress, the primary focus will be on the memorial service.
Our experienced staff has even encountered families in crisis, when no plans were made ahead of time, channel the intense feelings of pain and grief into arguments about the final arrangements. Instead of beginning the grieving process in a healthy way, family members sometimes devolve into petty battles over minute details, causing rifts that can last for years. That’s no way to celebrate the life of a loved one.
With the help of Legacy cremation advisors, a memorial can be planned at a time of calm. The needed funds can be set aside. When death comes, the cremation process and cremation service can proceed quickly and easily. Legacy can even arrange to ship the body to your hometown, should death occur elsewhere.
Many people prefer to keep things simple and economical
for their families when they pass on.
Contact Legacy Cremation Services, serving the Freemont, CA community:
We’ll talk you through it.