Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About
Cremation Plans and Scientific Body Donations
Legacy Cremation Services: Assisting the Families of Anaheim, CA
Legacy cremation consultants are dedicated to providing compassionate support to those who wish to donate their body for scientific research. We have a number of clients who decide to do this, in order to further medical research – particularly in the area of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and HIV.
Organ and whole body donations can be done prior to cremation: in fact it may be cost-effective.
Sometimes there is a reduced price, or the cremation is even provided free-of-charge, if you participate in the program, with which we are affiliated. It’s worth an inquiry, if you’re interested. Let us help you reduce cremation costs and provide an affordable cremation.
First of all, we want to stress that organ or full body donation takes careful consideration. Talk it over with your family and religious leaders; determine if there are any objections for any reason, and talk it through; sit with the caring cremation counselors at Legacy Cremation Services and make sure everyone is clear about all the details. Make sure your mind is at ease before you commit to this ultimate gift.
- The intricate design and detail of the human anatomy cannot be duplicated by technology, and the next generation of scientists, doctors and other medical professionals depend on these generous donations to perfect surgical procedures, prior to carrying out these surgeries on live humans.
- Full body donations are particularly welcome, as medical scientists and students would much rather use human body tissue than animal tissue. It’s simply a more accurate way of developing future cures for the worst illnesses.
- Only one in 100 Americans donate their entire body to medical research. If you do this, you will be at the leading edge of helping the scientific community.
- Anatomical donations allow research facilities to discover new ways to fight serious diseases that threaten the lives of people on a daily basis.
How Legacy helps.
- Legacy can get you in touch with the right research institutions and medical schools, to ensure that your donation helps as many people as possible.
- As part of the body donation process, Legacy will see to it that the newly deceased body is respectfully cleansed, prepared and made ready to ship to medical research facilities around the nation. You should note that your body parts may be distributed to several medical research facilities, but that they will all be returned in a timely fashion; cremation will be done to a complete body.
- Legacy knows which institutions and schools treat donated bodies with complete respect.
- Once a body is returned to Legacy from an institution or school where it has undergone medical procedures, we will carefully cremate the body and preserve the remains on behalf of the surviving family. Shortly after, you can hold a memorial service, if you want to. Legacy has lots of ideas about how to make these services unique and meaningful, so that you properly celebrate the life of your loved one.
- Legacy cremation professionals will also discuss all the available options for putting the remains to rest: a cremation urn, burial in a small vault or ground plot, or a scattering of the ashes.
And BTW, Legacy = flexibility + integrity.
You’ve got options. What we want you to know is that Legacy offers a variety of cremation packages so that you can honor the life of your loved one in a personal and dignified manner. There are many ways to do this – for example at a memorial service you may want a memory table or board, or a video and music playing in honor of your loved one – and that is why we advise that you take the time to learn about what is available. Unlike other cremation providers in Anaheim, Legacy directors are experienced, professional, compassionate and knowledgeable about all kinds of memorial services, from alternative to traditional programs. Our cremation consultants know what works and what doesn’t, and they can provide some unique ideas that you might like to consider. And we can get almost anything done for you. That’s why we urge you to call us at any time, 24 / 7. Let’s talk it through.
Rest assured, the price will be right. At Legacy Cremation Services, it is our policy to discuss all arrangements in detail, and provide all financial information about the options you select, up front. The price of cremation services and programs can vary considerably, and we want you to know exactly what you’re paying for in advance, as we know this will greatly ease your mind. Let us help you reduce cremation costs by providing the right cremation package.
If you have any questions at all, call the cremation counselors
at Legacy Cremation Services:
Anaheim families trust Legacy when it comes to cremation services.