Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About
Cremation and Scientific Body Donations
Legacy Cremation Services: Providing Peace of Mind for Generations.
(Serving the Montgomery, AL community).
Over the years Legacy has adapted its business to the growing population and the changing times. Our training, licensing, and experience means that we can help you face all of the difficult decisions and challenges that present themselves at this difficult time. Through it all, we have maintained our dedication to providing compassionate support to the families who contact us.
Sometimes that means questions about donating the body or body parts for scientific research. We have a number of clients who decide to do this, in order to further medical research – particularly in the areas of cancer, diabetes, heart disease and HIV.
Organ and whole body donations can be done prior to cremation: in fact it may be more cost-effective.
Sometimes there is a reduced price, or the cremation is even provided free-of-charge, if you participate in a program, with which we are affiliated. It’s worth an inquiry, if you’re interested in reducing cremation costs.
First of all, we want to stress that organ or full body donation takes careful consideration. Talk it over with your family and religious leaders; determine if there are any objections for any reason, and talk it through; sit with the caring professionals at Legacy Cremation Services and make sure everyone is clear about all the details. Make sure your mind is at ease before you commit to this ultimate gift.
- The intricate design and detail of the human anatomy cannot be duplicated by technology, and the next generation of scientists, doctors and other medical professionals depend on these generous donations to perfect surgical procedures, prior to carrying out these surgeries on live humans.
- Full body donations are particularly welcome, as medical scientists and students would much rather use human body tissue than animal tissue. It’s simply a more accurate way of developing future cures for the worst illnesses.
- Only one in 100 Americans donate their entire body to medical research. If you do this, you will be at the leading edge of helping the scientific community.
- Anatomical donations allow research facilities to discover new ways to fight serious diseases that threaten the lives of people on a daily basis.
How Legacy cremation consultants can help.
- Legacy can get you in touch with the right research institutions and medical schools, to ensure that your donation helps as many people as possible.
- As part of the body donation process, Legacy will see to it that the newly deceased body is respectfully cleansed, prepared and made ready to ship to medical research facilities around the nation. You should note that your body parts may be distributed to several medical research facilities, but that they will all be returned in a timely fashion; cremation will be done to a complete body.
- Legacy knows which institutions and schools treat donated bodies with complete respect.
- Once a body is returned to Legacy from an institution or school where it has undergone medical procedures, we will carefully cremate the body and preserve the remains on behalf of the surviving family. Shortly after, you can hold a memorial service, if you want to. Legacy has lots of ideas about how to make these services unique and meaningful, so that you properly celebrate the life of your loved one.
- Legacy will also discuss all the available options for putting the cremains to rest: an urn, burial in a small vault or ground plot, or a scattering of the ashes. It just takes some cremation planning and we are here to guide you.
And BTW, Legacy = flexibility + integrity.
You’ve got options. What we want you to know is that as licensed cremation consultants, we offer a variety of options so that you can honor the life of your loved one in a personal and dignified manner. There are many ways to do this – for example you may want a memory table or board, or a video and music playing in honor of your loved one – and that is why we advise that you take the time to learn about what is available. Unlike other cremation providers in Montgomery, Legacy Directors are experienced, professional, compassionate and knowledgeable about all kinds of cremation arrangements, from alternative to traditional. Our Directors know what works and what doesn’t, and they can provide some unique ideas that you might like to consider. And we can get almost anything done for you. That’s why we urge you to call us at any time, 24 / 7. Let’s talk it through.
Rest assured, the price will be right. It is our policy to discuss all cremation arrangements in detail, and provide all financial information about the options you select, up front. The price of cremation programs can vary considerably, and we want you to know exactly what you’re paying for in advance, as we know this will greatly ease your mind. We can help you reduce cremation costs.
If you have any questions at all, call the professionals
At Legacy Cremation Services:
Serving the families of Montgomery, AL.