Legacy Cremation Services serving Birmingham, AL:
Ensure that your loved one’s final arrangements
are just the way they would like it.
There is no substitute for decades of experience
and a knowledgeable, compassionate cremation counseling staff.
Losing a loved one is inevitable, and we understand how devastating that can be. If you’re responsible for making the final arrangements, that can feel overwhelming. We know you have lots of questions. As the premiere cremation provider in your area, we have the answers. First and foremost we want you to know:
There is nothing wrong with ensuring that your final good-byes are affordable,
as well as dignified, meaningful, personal and convenient.
Cremation in Birmingham is the viable alternative.
While traditional burials are often selected, Legacy Cremation Services has seen a rise in the popularity of cremation services over the past several years. There are good reasons for this:
- Cremation planning lends itself to a variety of options.
- With cremation packages for every budget, we can help make it easier to fulfill a loved one’s wishes, while still maintaining cost efficiency. Cremation allows you to eliminate embalming, eliminate burial plots, and eliminate caskets.
We want you to be informed before your decide.
That’s why you should count on Legacy as your cremation consultant in Birmingham.
One of the advantages of working with Legacy is that our professional and licensed staff is available around the clock to help with every decision. We have decades of experience creating unique final arrangements that are perfect for every family – and every family’s budget.
Get answers. Breathe deeply. Feel better.
One of things people want to know is, what is the cremation process? Cremation starts with a very hot cremation chamber at a crematorium with temperatures of 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit. The body is burned for about two hours (sometimes more, depending on the temperature, until soft tissue is reduced an as- like substance and bones. The bones are further reduced so that the final effect is a very powdery substance that resembles ashes.
There are lots of reasons to talk to with Legacy Cremation Services:
- Cremation, yes or no. If you are unsure as to whether cremation is the right choice for your loved one, Legacy cremation consultants can answer your questions and help you establish a list of pros and cons for the procedure.
- More families are opting for pre-arranged cremation. Family-owned and operated for two decades, Legacy always provides quality cremations at an exceptional value. However, pre-planned cremation arrangements offer an individualized, respectful plan that alleviates the burden of decision-making at a critical time, especially if there are conflicting expectations among family members.
And, costs are further minimized. Birmingham residents can plan according to today’s prices, rather than with a potentially higher future price. Let us help you manage cremation costs in Birmingham.
If you decide to pre-plan a cremation, make sure your wishes are known to your immediate family members. Talk to your religious representative in advance to clear up any potential conflicts, and include Legacy’s contact information in your last will and testament.
- If the environment is a factor, we’re on it. You’ll be happy to know that cremation is environmentally safe. With the Environmental Protection Act of 1990, crematoriums need to follow legislation that ensures that harmful emissions are kept to a minimum. In addition, if a burial is desired, burying an urn takes up significantly less space than a casket. And, since embalming is not done with cremation, eliminating the absorption of harmful substances into the ground and water.
- Burial service or memorial service are both available with cremations– you’ve got options.
- You don’t need a casket to have a burial service. This can occur when burying an urn or when having it held in a Birmingham cremation garden or columbarium.
- If a traditional viewing and burial are desired, Legacy can also arrange for this prior to cremation.
- Very often, a small group of family members can be present during the cremation itself.
- Friends and family may want to gather at home or elsewhere for a memorial service after a cremation, in order to share their memories. Legacy has many ideas on how arrange a meaningful and personal memorial service that will honor your loved one.
- For families who want to scatter the ashes in a special place, our cremation consultants know all the rules and regulations that go along with this and we can help you through it.
- We can help you get benefits:
- For veterans. If your loved one is a veteran, Legacy can help you make the special arrangements to which you or your loved one are entitled. Our knowledgeable staff is equipped to answer all the pertinent questions such as:
- Who is eligible?
- How do I apply?
- How does reimbursement of expenses work?
- How do I get a burial flag?
- Are we eligible for a Presidential Memorial Certificate?
- Social Security: A deceased worker must have credit for work covered by Social Security, ranging from 1 1/2 to 10 years depending on his or her age at death. The following monthly benefits may be available for:
- A widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled), or at any age if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- A divorced widow or widower age 60 or older (50 if disabled) if the marriage lasted 10 years, or if caring for an entitled child who is under 16 or disabled.
- Unmarried children up to 18 (19 if they are attending a primary or secondary school full lime).
- Children who were disabled before reaching 22, as long as they remained disabled.
- Dependent parent or parents 62 or older.
Legacy Cremation Services
makes it all go more smoothly.
Providing cremations and cremation pre-planning in Birmingham, AL.