Most trusted Cremation provider for over two decades. Compassionate and Professional service, Affordable & Dignified Cremation Services Serving all faiths & ethnicities.
Our Cremation Packages Include
- Transportation of the deceased to the crematory
- Obtaining certified copies of death certificate
- Obtaining cremation approval from the medical examiner
- Assistance in filing for VA benefits and insurance policies
- Social security administration forms completed
- Alternative container (The container the body is cremated in)
- Rigid container (For the return of the cremated remains)
Burial benefits are available for spouses & dependents buried in a national cemetery include burial with the Veteran, perpetual care, and the spouse or ependents name and date of birth and death will be inscribed on the Veteran's headstone, at no cost to the family.
Social Security Benefits
A one time payment is payable to the surviving spouse if he or she was living with the beneficiary at the time of death, or if living apart, was eligible for Social Security benefits on the beneficiary's earnings record for the month of death.
Scattering at Sea
The popularity of scattering at sea is steadily growing as people look to the organic nature of the ocean to help them bring closure to the loss of a loved one. Scattering at sea combines a sense of finality and a new beginning. It returns us to nature and the origin of our being.
In Norridgewock, ME, funeral homes have several options to a traditional burial. Besides cremation and direct cremation, online Norridgewock, ME funeral services can offer you a direct burial. Another term is immediate burial. It is a least expensive option. It also is in character with those who want to emphasize other aspects of a funeral such as the memorial.
Info About the Direct Burial
A direct burial may also be referred to as an immediate burial. This indicates the nature of the ceremony. The body of the deceased is placed in a simple container. He or she is then laid in the ground as soon as possible following death. The brief time between death and burial allows Norridgewock, ME funeral homes to omit the embalming process. The family can choose to be present or absent during the actual burial.
Why have a Direct Burial?
The bereaved family, caregiver or executor may opt for a direct burial for several reasons. Among the most common reasons for this type of funeral service are:
- Environmentally conscious - individuals who desire an eco-friendly or Green Burial want to be placed in the earth with as little damaging affects as possible. An immediate burial fulfills this need. The process requires no embalming and the body can be laid in a simple box
- Economics - A direct burial is less expensive than a traditional funeral. While requiring the aid and care of Norridgewock, ME funeral services, it does not demand full-service support. The eschewing of memorials and wakes or viewings helps to make this an affordable option
- Focus - the focus of the family may not be on the actual burial. The bereaved may want to have friends, family, co-workers and other individuals concentrate on the life of the deceased
- Intimacy - an immediate burial provides greater intimacy than a traditional funeral. It reduces the burial process to its basic components. If an immediate burial is accompanied by a graveside service and/or a life celebration, this increases the personal elements of the funeral for all who attend
- Necessity - in certain cases, a direct burial may result from a medical crisis or other related grave event
Whatever your intent, whatever the wishes of the deceased and the family, go online and ask Norridgewock, ME funeral homes for their aid, and support, in planning this final tribute.
Elements of a Direct Burial
While a direct burial does involve specifically that - a burial as close to the actual death date as possible, it does not mean elimination of other aspects of a funeral. The family may eliminate the wake or visitation. They can absent themselves and all family and friends from the burial, but they can still hold some form of service. These can include graveside or memorial services.
A graveside service frequently consists of consists of family and close friends. They meet at the ceremony at a prearranged time. Someone representing the clergy, a family member or even close friend can then conduct a concise service. Music may be played using an iPod, computer or even phone. Attendees may speak. If the weather is foul, the family can arrange for a tent. A portable bar may be placed nearby (This will depend upon the rules of the cemetery.). Other expenses would be seating. The elaborateness of the process will depend upon the nature of the gathering.
If, instead, the preference is for a different type of service, held at some point following the funeral, the variations can range from the simple to the very elaborate. In general, however, the focus will be on the life of the deceased. Memorials and life celebrations are the most common expression of this type of funeral noted by Norridgewock, ME funeral services.
A memorial service is one form of honoring the life and death of the deceased. It may include all the elements of a traditional funeral service. It may have:
- A priest, pastor, minister, speaker
- Personal touches - photos, videos
- A bar
Celebration of life ceremonies are also characterized by these elements. Yet, while memorials tend to be more somber, life celebrations attempt to remember the best of this individual's life.
In both the cases of life celebrations and memorials, you can draw on the services of Norridgewock, ME funeral homes. They can provide you with a place to hold the affair. By going online, you can also discover some of the variations possible for these types of Norridgewock, ME funeral services.
Direct Burials and Norridgewock, ME Funeral Homes
Sometimes, families do not want a prolonged funeral. They simply want to bury the loved one. They may decide a simple graveside service following an immediate burial is the best way to honor their dead. By contacting online Norridgewock, ME funeral services, we can help you obtain the funeral you want. If you believe an immediate burial is the best way to show respect for the wishes of your loved ones, we can help you achieve this goal and the peace that will surely follow.