Most trusted Cremation provider for over two decades. Compassionate and Professional service, Affordable & Dignified Cremation Services Serving all faiths & ethnicities.
Our Cremation Packages Include
- Transportation of the deceased to the crematory
- Obtaining certified copies of death certificate
- Obtaining cremation approval from the medical examiner
- Assistance in filing for VA benefits and insurance policies
- Social security administration forms completed
- Alternative container (The container the body is cremated in)
- Rigid container (For the return of the cremated remains)
Burial benefits are available for spouses & dependents buried in a national cemetery include burial with the Veteran, perpetual care, and the spouse or ependents name and date of birth and death will be inscribed on the Veteran's headstone, at no cost to the family.
Social Security Benefits
A one time payment is payable to the surviving spouse if he or she was living with the beneficiary at the time of death, or if living apart, was eligible for Social Security benefits on the beneficiary's earnings record for the month of death.
Scattering at Sea
The popularity of scattering at sea is steadily growing as people look to the organic nature of the ocean to help them bring closure to the loss of a loved one. Scattering at sea combines a sense of finality and a new beginning. It returns us to nature and the origin of our being.
Flowers, Floral Arrangements and Darien, GA Funeral Services
And what if you prefer that someone do something else in lieu of flowers? Some may send flowers anyway but wherever possible, it's preferable to follow the wishes of the family of the deceased.
Answers are available for these valid questions. Darien, GA funeral services providers can help you with understanding the situation as well as what to expect. Online services for Darien, GA funeral homes may also be able to provide you with a few tips and suggestions in order to facilitate the selection. They may also have an article or two about the infrequently used, except by florists and gardeners, Language of Flowers.
An Old-Fashioned Approach
Sending funeral flowers is a traditional way of recognizing an individual's death. In Victorian times, funeral flowers sent a specific message to the grieving family members. Flowers had their own specific language. This may no longer be common among many modern Darien, GA funeral homes, but remains a comfort to those who knowingly send or receive them.
- Carnations: admiration (red); remembrance (pink); pure love and innocence (white)
- Chrysanthemums: truth
- Cyclamens: resignation and farewells
- Forget-Me-Nots: remembrance and faithful love
- Gladiolus: strength of character, moral integrity and sincerity
- Lilies: innocence, purity and sympathy
- Roses: humility and innocence (white); friendship and love (pink); respect, love and passion(red)
Darien, GA Funeral Homes Flower Basics
Flowers are truly one of the simplest and most sincere ways to express your sympathy and respect. Most religions do not object to flowers at the funeral service or on the grave. When it comes time to select funeral flowers follow these few simple rules:
- Choose a tasteful, elegant and simple arrangement. This is the most effective
- Live plants are also effective as a token of remembrance. Make sure they are suitable for the living situation and the environment. Among the most accepted live plant memorial tokens are African Violets, miniature roses and ivy.
- If the flowers are to come in a vase, it is essential to check to see whether the Darien, GA funeral services providers allow something breakable such as glass or china or prefer plastic
- Lilies, roses, chrysanthemums, gladioli and carnations are all appropriate flowers to use - particularly if you do not know whether the deceased had a personal favorite
- In terms of color - you typically cannot go wrong with white flowers.
- If they are to go to Darien, GA funeral homes, be sure to send them prior to the first visitation. If this is not possible, send them directly to the bereaved's residence.
No matter what you decide to send, remember to enclose a sympathy card with the names of the senders - first and last, as well as contact information. This will ensure the family knows the specific donor of the flowers or floral arrangement. It will help bolster their spirits during this grievous time.
Floral Funeral Etiquette
Floral funeral etiquette is a complex topic. Online Darien, GA funeral services sources realize the importance of selecting the right flower. Note:
- Floral baskets or living plants are best sent by someone close to the individual who has suffered the loss
- Sympathy baskets are more commonly reserved for those who knew the deceased well or by relatives
- Associations or organizations most commonly send floral wreaths, sprays crosses or similar arrangements
- Floral tributes are restricted to close friends and family members
- An all-occasion type floral basket or floral arrangement often is best for cremations and in situations where you are not sure whether flowers are for the cemetery or memorial service
Where to send the arrangements
Checking online with Darien, GA funeral services suppliers may give you some idea of where to send the appropriate flowers and floral arrangements. In general, you need to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Sprays, funeral wreaths and tributes in various forms and shapes go to the specific funeral home
- Potted plants and basket floral arrangements are destined for the funeral home but can also be sent to the residence of the bereaved family.
- Fresh cut flowers arranged in vases may go to funeral homes but usually go to the family residence of the bereaved or to the former workplace of the deceased.
When it comes to selecting and sending flowers, be sure you choose wisely. You are letting the family and friends of the deceased know you care about their loss. You are offering them a form of comfort they can hold onto in the coming days. In the days that follow, you may also want to consider sending them a small floral arrangement. It will remind them you are thinking of them.
During this time, you, as well as the family of the deceased, may need the support. Go online and talk to Darien, GA funeral services providers. They can be invaluable at helping you.
If you are the individual planning a funeral and want help determining floral arrangements or other aspects of a funeral or memorial service in Darien, GA, funeral directors can be available to answer your questions and help you make arrangements.